Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jesus is NOT too good to be true!

Jesus is NOT too good to be true! Amen! Praise the Lord! I think all of us at one time or another have believed a lie and realized after the fact that it was indeed too good to be true. Besides Jesus, the only thing I can think of that qualifies is a real friend, they are too good, but if they are real- then they are true!

I have been studying the women in Genesis, and am currently reading the story of Dinah. She was raped by a Prince, and her brothers avenged her defilement through deceit and trickery. Their victims fell for a "too good to be true" peace offering, which cost them their lives. The lesson to be learned from this is that especially in hard times, we need to seek God in prayer and wait on Him to direct our steps.

Former President Dwight Eisenhower's mother gave him incredible advice as a child, "Take those bad hands (cards) without complaining and play them out. Ask God to help you, and you will win the important game called life." It really takes the sting out of tribulations when you compare them to a card game. My current struggle is unreliable transportation. I have been blessed with a great car for the past 8 years, but for the last 2 weeks, the car has been in and out of the repair shop, and is currently stuck in my driveway. It has been very frustrating for me to be stranded at the house, and of course I have multiple appointments scheduled that must be canceled at the last minute, etc. But I just think my next hand will be better than this, and remind myself that God is still in control.

A major positive to come out of this ordeal is that I know I have many awesome friends who are so kind to me, and offer to help me! It has truly touched my heart, and I am so thankful for them and to God for finally answering my prayers about friendships. He is truly a God who hears.


No comments:

Post a Comment