Thursday, January 14, 2010

The power of the Word

"Father, when times of sorrow and grief surround me, I take comfort in knowing that You will never give me more than I can handle. Thank You for being my strength in times of suffering. Amen."

Ugh. I am having a really bad day...well, I should say I was having a really bad day. So, I was able to pick up Robert's truck last night so I could finally have a vehicle to drive, and ALL four tires need to be replaced like last week! O.K., so I drive down to the tire shop and let me just tell you that buying tires is a rip-off. I couldn't believe how much they charged me, I only had enough for two tires. Oh, by the way- when I got to the tire shop my husband tells me that he never put the new tag on the truck- yay! I'm driving with an expired tag. Crying ensues, but I quickly pull myself together as I pull into the parking lot.

Why was I crying? Well, I haven't slept well for the last week because of everything going on with my car. Despite my best efforts this dilemma is stressing me. But at the same time, I am leaning on the Lord for strength and comfort, and our relationship is improving every day. His love for me is unbelievable and He reminds me of that love just when I need it most :) So, I was just feeling overwhelmed and angry and wanted to cry; O.K, I did cry a little.

As I was driving home, I prayed that I would not be pulled over by a police officer and be given a citation for the expired tag. Thankfully, I arrived home safely, and I even drove right by a Georgia State Patrol. God is Great. I also prayed on the way home that I could really just give all of this stress over the car up to Him, completely trusting that He is going to work it all out perfectly for me, and I won't have to do a thing but wait. Then I went to the Dollar Tree and got some retail therapy in. I feel better. I even cleaned the house, so my husband will be happy when he gets home from work.

I am leaving in a minute to help a friend with a children's class of Christ Centered Yoga. I am subbing for her next week, so I am learning the ropes tonight. The Lord turned my day and attitude around when I came to Him and asked for help. Thank you Jesus!

I know my Redeemer lives;
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, He lives, who once was dead;
He lives, my ever living Head.

He lives triumphant from the grave,
He lives eternally to save,
He lives all glorious in the sky,
He lives exalted there on high.

He lives and grants me daily breath;
Hel lives, and I shall conquer death:
He lives my mansion to prepare;
He lives to bring me safely there.

- Samuel Medley

No comments:

Post a Comment